We are seeking a Junior SEO Content Specialist to manage the flow of content. This person will be responsible for planning, editing, and distributing the content. The finalized content will be utilized by various online outlets such as blogs, websites, and social media and will need to be completed monthly to support client deliverables.
Reports to: PureContext Team Lead
- Plan, edit, and distribute 50-100 pieces of content/month
- Editorial responsibility in analyzing content for consistency, accuracy, adherence to style and brand standards, and user experience implications.
- Build and maintain resources needed to generate high-quality and niche relevant content at low costs.
- 1–2 years of work experience as a content manager or editor/producer; pitching experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in journalism, digital media, marketing, advertising, or writing
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Strong familiarity with Google Docs/Sheets, PitchBox, and Monday.com is preferred
- Basic HTML coding ability and understanding of WordPress and other content management system (CMS) platforms desired
- Self-motivation and self-starter that can identify own workloads, tasks, timelines and deadlines. Proven ability to research, create, and edit multiple pieces of content with varying deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong organization, and commitment to tight deadlines
- Strong passion and excellence in grammar, writing, copy-editing, and communication is required
- Comfortable negotiating costs with paid media partners
- Strong listening skills, willingness to learn, ability to collaborate
- Be willing to wear multiple hats when needed (in other words, be a strong team player)—versatility is a must
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Experience in writing style to appeal to different audiences and adhere to established brand voices
- Strong aptitude of all the requisite channels, platforms, networks—articles, studies, infographics, etc.
- Working knowledge of SEO, SEM, PPC, and email marketing best practices and tactics desired
- Unique, thoughtful, and researched content ideation
- Revise, edit, and proofread to ensure high-quality, creative content
- Identify and evaluate site quality based on manual review of content, based on internal quality and strategic guidelines
- Track email communications across 5–15 campaigns with 5–15 links per campaign
- Accurately track content progress and status updates in project management software (Monday.com) and distribution statuses in outreach platform (PitchBox)
- Communicate with internal team on project status updates, deadlines, strategy adjustments and other relevant topics
- Attend and participate in client calls, if needed
- Identify and assist with the creation of processes that make the team more efficient
- Create topical content in line with client goals identified by client metrics such as keyword research, landing pages, competitor analysis, content mapping, and other types of content analysis
- Stay current on digital marketing and SEO best practices and techniques for creating effective and engaging web content and offsite link building tactics
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org